"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Photo Tour of The New Pool…

Disclaimer:This post is being written while watching the Super Bowl commercials game.In advance I ask forgiveness for any mistakes.Some of ‘em are pretty good.

I thought it was time I shared a photo tour of the new pool.
The deconstruction,and reconstruction, has been going on for quite awhile,and you all have lived thru it with me.
Try not to look beyond the screen,as that area is still a work in progress…that shall be for many,many posts…

Picture this….
I’m standing outside the living room sliding doors…
…facing West…
To the left/Southwest is this view…
IMG_3556
I think I need another container,in that far corner.Just to balance things out.Thoughts?
Notice the yard art Horse Conch? I collect tourist shells…for the garden…

Straight ahead,facing due west,is the water wall…
IMG_3557
I am soooo in love with the water wall! At night,the sound of the water splish/splashing is so soothing.
And morning coffee and the paper is a treat with that sound as a backdrop.
I am reluctant to put containers in this area (the steps),because of the grandkiddoes running back and forth.
…Not to mention crazy adults…

Looking Northwest,is the new space for the orchids and bromeliads…
IMG_3558
So far,all have seemed to adapted quite well to their new home.
Or they could just be glad to be out and away from the back corner of the yard.The two planters on the left,are new.
But all of the plants are originals.I figured that they had been thru enough trauma,what with TheTree crashing down on them,and then being displaced to the back corner of the yard,that the least I could do was buy them new,prettier containers,and some new soil.
For us female gardeners it would be just like visiting the Clinique counter and the Coach store,right? For the guys,just like going to H-D and buying something DeWalt…
Facing North,is the door to the pool equipment.
IMG_3559
To the right,is the window to the master bedroom,which,eventually,will be replaced with a slider.And more yard-art Horse Conchs in a planter.
Forgive the pool equipment,and the rolled up baby fence,in the corner,but with you-know-who (Me? Yes,you,Emma) and Florida building codes,it’s a necessity.

Whoops! An interruption,for an Emma alert…
emmamichael
That’s me and my Daddy…
Ummm,Emma,between you and Madonna’s half time show,this post will never get written…
Me and Madonna?Cool…

Let’s move on,shall we ?
The dining room patio/lanai,where more of our living takes place,these days…
IMG_3560

And the best part?
We can sit outside,listen to the water-fall …
IMG_3570
and
watch the Super Bowl!
IMG_3563

Just a side note,but Madonna did put on the best Super Bowl half-time show…..
 ever!

3 comments:

Meems said...

It is all looking AMAZING,Chris... It has to be SO nice for you to have this part finished. I LOVE the water wall, too. What a wonderful addition to come out of the mess. :-)

Susan said...

Thanks for the tour. I've been waiting to see the new pool and it is gorgeous. I can see why you love the new water wall. There's nothing as relaxing as listening to water. Enjoy your new pool and patio for the next few months...and this summer, too. Miss. Em is cute as a button!

Gayle said...

What a beautiful space to relax in! Yes, I would put either one or three more pots in that corner... I like an odd number. Hope you're finding time to enjoy it all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails