"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Sunday, September 4, 2011

It’s all just a test……

…from God,I have come to believe.

To see just how much this gardener can withstand.But,I figure that if I could wait five years for Hillsborough County to complete the drainage project,what’s a few months?

When they were taking the tree down,the first branch they were being oh so careful to remove,came down and broke the spigot on the well.Got that fixed,pronto.But then I had no outdoor water spigot.YardBoy was gracious enough to spend yesterday,in the blazing hot sun,to install a new one.

While they were grinding the root ball out,something was thrown up and left this…

IMG_3066

Got that fixed pronto,too.They paid for a glass installer to come right out,and fix it.

I took the broken glass and made this….

IMG_3074

I have enough of the tempered glass to make quite a few more.To be used on the new patio.

 

The mourning period for The Oakin the future,it shall always be referred to as The Oak – is over.

Time to move on…

IMG_3067

Yard pretty well cleaned up.

IMG_3070

 

Plants moved to a shadier location, or potted up,to be used later on.

And the inspiration piece for the new yard is

ta-da….

….this!

IMG_1942

This is from the Naples Botanical Garden,and is situated in full sun.I really love the look of the full sun bromeliads.Back when we visited,in May,I had wished I had a place for those.Now,I do.

 

A new tree will be bought and installed further – much,much further – towards the back.Either another Live Oak,or a Sweetgum.I’m leaning towards the Sweetgum.If anyone has thoughts,I would love to hear – or read -  them.

The hardest part of all this,has been going to Home Depot,and seeing all the fall foliage,and not being able to come with some.

I just keep telling myself,

“This,too,shall pass.”

 

Thankfully,football season has started.To keep this gardener occupied.

Go Bulls!

Go Bucs!

Go Gators!

 

Edited to add: RIP Leroy Selmon…..The world is better is a better place for such a good,kind gentleman as you.

2 comments:

NanaK said...

Love your attitude and your creativity. The full-sun broms will be a great addition but they are usually not as cold tolerant as the shade loving ones. I don't know anything about sweet gums but have you considered river birch trees? I don't know anything about them either but I always like them when I see them and I think they like moist sites.

Aaaaaa said...

i like the tempered glass on the base. I might do this as we have lots of scrap tempered glass. thanks for this idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails