"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hurricane Lily

In Florida,we are in the midst of hurricane season.

What should be more apt to be blooming than Hurricane Lily?

A year ago,I bought the bulbs,here,not knowing how they would do.

This year,they have more than met my expectations.

 

Oh,how well they have done…

 

….with the exception of the one that the lubbers found….that lubber died,a tragic death!…

 

The first signs of life…

IMG_3085

 

IMG_3107

IMG_3102

IMG_3104

In an otherwise drab,barren garden,what a joy to see,at this time of year.

Hopefully,next spring,I can divide the bulbs and have even more…

 

….I think I heart Hurricane Lilies….

nope---I love them!

find some…

plant some…

1 comment:

NanaK said...

So glad to see you have those lilies to brighten up your "new space." How do they do with wet feet? I need to find more plants that can take the periodic flooding of my backyard.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails