"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Random Photos…and a new Toy!

…It’s HOT…
…and Humid…
The dog cat
–Harley is taking some time off,and keeping cool under the bed-
days of August,that’s for sure.
Nothing to do but weed
…a bit…
…in the cool of the morning…
…and take some photos…
just some random shots…
….it was too hot for anything else….
IMG_4132Blackberry Lily
IMG_4133Bleeding Heart Vine
IMG_4134Beauty Berry
IMG_4143Purple Cone Flower
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and my newest toy….
A Spiralizer!
IMG_4122
The first time I read about one was here,but I have since seen them all over blog-land,and decided to try one for myself.I thought it would be perfect for a new and different way to use the veggies from the garden.
I got mine here…
I tried mine with zucchini,onions and garlic…
IMG_4123
…and tomatoes for good measure…
After spiralizing (is that a word?) the zucchini,
I finely chopped the onion,but you could spiralize that,too
sauté the onions and garlic in just a tad –don’t want too much,or  the zucchini will get all mushy and oily…of olive oil.
Toss in the zucchini…IMG_4124
Saute ‘til it’s al dente’. Like pasta?
Toss in the tomatoes….IMG_4125
Salt and pepper to taste…
…Sprinkle with some parm….IMG_4130
Serve with some roasted chicken…
and garlic bread….

….and enjoy!

Wonder how carrots will do?
…for stir fry?…
or potatoes….?
or apples?

3 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love the color of your blackberry lily blooms. Mine are orange with spots. Love your beauty berry too. I've not seen that down here. I have the bleeding heart vine too and it's been a favorite for years.

I have never heard of the spiralizer, it looks interesting.

Have a great week, and we can always hope that we will be experiencing cooler weather, sooner rather than later.

FlowerLady

Floridagirl said...

That is a cool new toy! and it makes for some purty food too! Love your random flower photos, especially the blackberry lily and beautyberries.

Susan said...

Couldn't wait to see your new toy...a spiralizer...I don't think I've ever heard of that but it looks super cool and your meal look delicious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails