"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Blogging For hire?

Recently,I have become aware of a brew-ha-ha in the garden blogging world.

And I just don’t get it.

Why do most gardeners blog?

I know why I do.

Growing up in a family of gardeners,I started blogging as an easy way to keep far flung family and friends informed of what was going on,on TheGreatWallofLutz.

My father kept a meticulous,handwritten diary of his garden (of which,I am the proud possessor-yessiree!!!).
I use the electronic medium.
It’s just so easy to click on a label and see where the garden has been.
And I hate to write.
I would rather type.
I don’t blog for the hopes of freebies,of which I have been offered.
…And declined,or ignored….
I blog just for the simple reason of keeping a record of my garden.
If people chose to follow….great.
…If not,great,too…
If you chose to comment,even greater.
…But,at least,make it constructive,please...
I more than welcome the input,because sometimes,I hit the gardening block.
And need new ideas.
Or,
someone to tell me I’m nuts and don’t even think of doing that or growing that.

But,I don’t blog in anticipation of freebies,or give-a-ways.

Or in hopes of being the next great garden writer.

I just want to keep a written record of my garden.
And,
maybe,
just maybe,
someone will tell me I’m going in the right direction….

Am I missing something?

4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I don't think you are missing a thing. Gardening is a delight, as is cooking, crafting or any other thing we enjoy doing. Not everyone will 'GET' it, I know because most of my family doesn't. But, with those we share with, it is priceless.

I enjoy hearing about what is going on there at your place.

Have a wonderful Christmas season.

FlowerLady

Unknown said...

Thank you,Flower Lady!
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

Gayle said...

Wow...who knew there was a whole world of bloggers arguing about gardening? Surely I didn't. I love to garden, wish I kept records as accurate as your dad, love reading about your gardens since our zones are about as far apart as you can get (zone 9-10 from zone 2)and am not sure I even really understand what those people are talking about (except I do want to know how I sign up for free plants??!!).

As soon as you turn a love into a job you no longer love it.

Molly Day said...

I blog about plants because they fascinate me as well as frustrate my efforts to grow them.
What a lot of angst about something that builds friendships.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails