"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Feelin’ Pink…………..

_____________________________________________________________________________________

No-not her!

pink

(But I wish I could sing like her,though!)

Pink in the garden!

Yesterday,I realized that there is quite a lot of pink,blooming,in our garden.

And it’s not my favorite color,either.

IMG_4330 Pink Polka-dot

IMG_4332 

Lotus Begonia

IMG_4335

Penta

IMG_4338

Kalanchoe

(which came through the freezes beautifully)

IMG_4341

Pink Philodendron

IMG_4329

Cattleya

(one of Dad’s,which has been blooming since before Christmas)

IMG_4350

Reiger Begonia

(a Valentine’s Day present from the Yard Boy,AKA Jon.Perfect gift for a gardener,don’t ya think?)

and speaking of the Yard Boy,here he is pruning and fertilizing his roses…………..

IMG_4344

and while I’m on the subject of pink,I could never leave out……..

IMG_4339 

one of the many Pink Flamingos that live at TheGreatWall!

Rumor has it that by the end of this week,we should be returning to more February-like temperatures.

Hallelujah!!!

4 comments:

Ami said...

Lovely pink. Perfect color for Valentine's Day! That reiger begonia is so soft and delicate, got to love it! I also just recently wrote a post featured pink in my garden. Welcome to hop over to my garden take a look :)

NanaK said...

Well, pink is my favorite color and you have quite a lot of pink showing up in your garden that is very pretty. That begonia is so delicate looking; love it. I sure hope the rumor you heard about the weather is true.

Shellbelle said...

So happy to see things are blooming on The Wall again!

You'll be proud to learn I bought a new pair of the standard yard Flamingos to put in the yard of my new home in Georgia. Moving on April 1st and taking as much Florida as I can with me!

Susan said...

Pink is one of my favorite colors, and you've got some beauties. I've never heard of pink philodendron. I have got to find myself some of that. And, of course the flamingos...no Florida gardener worth his/her salt would be caught without a flamingo or two in the yard. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails