"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Here We Go Again….

Yep-it’s time for more renovation….
 
                      This afternoon,the builder and his architect were here.
 
To see what could be done about this ugly space…..
IMG_4657

Screams 70’s, doesn’t it?


Measurements were taken,
 
ideas bandied about,
 
men crawling about in the attic,
 
seeing what was load bearing,
etc.
etc.
etc.
 
The plan,for now:
-raise the roof ceiling.
-add a room off of the laundry room.
-Move the laundry room there.
-Along with a butler’s pantry,
- and real cabinets for real storage.
-And a sink for a gardener to wash their hands!
-Remove the wall between the old kitchen and old laundry room.

Making one large kick-ass kitchen!
be still my heart….
With a real island!
 
and decent cabinetry.
 
Stay tuned…..

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I hear you excitement as this next project has begun. Enjoy the process and I look forward to pictures before, during and after, of course.

Have wonderful holidays.

FlowerLady

Gayle said...

You are so lucky. Wish I had a contractor. Did I mention that we framed a wall a couple of weeks ago. Wonder how many weeks (months) until the next one? sigh.... you go girl. Build that dream house!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails