"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I Should Know Better…

…than to take a weekend off from the garden.

 

Dumb thing to do during rainy season,in Florida.

 

With the rain we’ve been having the weeds have been growing.

 

…by leaps and bounds….

 

Time to get back to work on the garden…

 

Managed to fill two garbage cans with this kind of stuff…IMG_4004

But some things love this weather….

The Angel’s Trumpets have not stopped blooming….

IMG_4010Notice the babies it’s put out? Love,love,love this plant!

 

The Sedum is growing …

IMG_4014

Wet weather doesn’t seem to be bothering it at all.I would have thought that with all this rain it would have started to rot.But even the Sedum that is in the ground is growing.

Go figure.

One of those things we gardeners cannot…

….or

will never understand?

 

The Plumerias are growing by leaps and bounds.

This is a deep pink/redIMG_4017

And this is a yellowIMG_4018

Hey Gramma!

What Emma?

Can I say hi?

You most certainly can.

Hi!!!

Everyone!!!

emmahi

….and stay cool….

emma aquatica

cuz I am…

4 comments:

Snowbird said...

I just found out that I can grow Plumeria here. Yay!! Love the pictures of Emma. What a cutie!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I got depressed yesterday looking at all the overgrowth. Good grief! It's almost too much to handle, and in the heat and humidity I certainly do NOT feel like it. This morning seems a little cooler so maybe I'll get something done out there.

I have plumeria too, lost my angel trumpet a few years ago and was really bummed out about that, still am. SIGH. Part of the gardening cycle and life.

Emma is a little sweetie pie.

Hope your day is a good one.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Susan said...

Emma is looking as cute as ever. It's wonderful to be getting regular rain and yes it does make everything grow like crazy. Love your angel trumpet...it's one of my fave plants, too.

Deborah said...

Beeeeutiful!!! I do remember getting old enough to understand that old wives tale about growing as fast as a weed...the DUH moment!

I tell ya, we MUST start granddaughter blogs together! I have decided it is impossible to not have them fill your mind at every moment. What a G I F T. **happy smiles** Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails