"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pleasant Surprises…

While checking out the progress on the pool….

 

pool

 

…imagine my delight,to find a few pleasant surprises.

 

This Camellia,which I had been training to grow into tree form,was left in full sun.

…when TheOak went down…

I was convinced it was a goner for sure.

 

But it hung in there.

 

And to my pleasant surprise,I found this…

IMG_3308

Not only was it covered in concrete spray,but it also is covered in buds…

 

…and a bloom….

IMG_3305

Covered in concrete spray,but still beautiful.

 

And the Angel’s Trumpets may be covered with the same concrete spray,but they are,again,proving their toughness.

IMG_3307

And the Thyrallis may be half covered with dirt,but it’s hanging in there.

And the Gerberas….

IMG_3311

IMG_3312

 

I’m starting to think the garden likes me.

I feel like the plants are saying,”We like you,lady.We can take it.We’re there for you.We know it’s gonna get much better around here.”

 

Yep…

it is!

 

…Tomorrow,we pick out the tile…

IMG_3306

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What lovely survivors you have blooming for you in the midst of chaos.

FlowerLady

Gayle said...

Such tough plants! Ohhh, tile. I could never make a decision.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails