"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sometimes,Mother Nature

whispers.

To the gardener,

”Slow down.You can’t accomplish it all in a day.”

Other times,she yells and says,

”I said Slow Down!”

and down comes the rain…..

which,yesterday,it did.

All day.

A nice steady rain.

Note to self-put up the new rain gauge.

After so much time has been spent renovating the side garden,and,now,the front,

today was a day to take the camera out into the garden and catch all that I’ve been missing.

I cannot recall seeing Red Admirals,before,at TheGreatWall,

but,today,there were many…

IMG_1604

IMG_1603Pellitory is a host plant for Red Admirals,and TheGreatWall has an abundance this year.

Moarchs have discovered the milkweed

IMG_1614

The Irises are blooming!

IMG_1584

and they are outstanding this year….

IMG_1583

(Their bloom period is way too short to suit me).IMG_1585

As is the Jatropha

IMG_1613

Crape Honeysuckle,IMG_1611

JasmineIMG_1607

and Gerbera Daisies always make me smile…

IMG_1617

The last of the Camellia’s

IMG_1605

sad to see them end

A Begonia is blooming

IMG_1596B.Madagascar

A Brandywine heirloom tomato flower is just as beautiful

IMG_1622

as any flower.

The bunnies had a date….

IMG_1569

I have figured out they’re the guilty culprits that have been eating the St.Bernard’s Lilies.

So,today,Mother Nature slapped me upside the head,and made me slow down and see the gardens.

And appreciate all that I’ve accomplished.

When I think back to what was,

and see what is now,

I am amazed at myself.

Thank you Mother Nature.

Have you stopped,

lately,

and

seen your garden?

 

 

 

4 comments:

Tink *~*~* said...

The irises ARE awesome. And I saw some of those little red jatropha in the gardens at Lakes Park today. They're so cute :)

*~*~*

Floridagirl said...

Awww, those bunnies are so cute! You are lucky...my jatropha were burned in the freezes, and even though they leaves have returned, they aren't blooming yet here. Great capture on those red admirals. They've been fluttering around my garden a lot the past couple of months, but they're hard to capture on camera. Cool monarch caterpillar! Isn't nature wonderful?!!

Floridagirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gayle said...

I really like irises as well and wished they bloomed longer. Although my garden is still under several feet of snow, I did take pause in my grow room and have decided to not be so angry that my petunia seeds flopped (and I wasted a lot of money), but instead rejoice in the successes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails