"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Angels We Have Heard On High…..

Continuing on with the Christmas theme…..

The poor,poor,poor Angel’s Trumpets…..

They were so effected by this past week’s colder weather.IMG_1085

Poor thing…..most of it’s leaves are gone,but still it is trying to ring in the season.How could one not love this plant?

Thankfully,one of the plantings survived enough to put on a show.angels

Even though,every spring,they return from the ground,I still take cuttings,Just in case…..But,I truly believe,they are aptly named,for they do not give up easily and give a great shout when they bloom.

IMG_1090

More signs of the season from TheGreatWall……

Enjoy!

IMG_1092-vert

 

IMG_1101-vert

IMG_1103

IMG_1109

Merry Christmas!!!!!

On another note:Dad fell and broke his hip this past weekend.But not to worry.He did not need surgery,and is now in the ReHab Center at Tampa General Hospital.And complaining…..As only he can…..

The Divine Miss Emma is coming to visit,for Christmas,and he is bound and determined to see her outside of the hospital.”Oh no.She can NOT see me here.”

One 91 year old man working hard!

You go,Dad!!! Rock on!!

7 comments:

NanaK said...

I sure hope your dad does get out for Christmas with Miss Emma. Your Christmas colors in the garden are very festive. Enjoy your Christmas with your family. Hoping you all get to be together.

Floridagirl said...

Wow, those jonquils and Christmas cactuses are so beautiful! Do you grow the jonquils year-round or are they forced? They remind me so much of the Amazon lilies.

So happy to see that one of your angels survived enough to put on a Christmas show! Awesome!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Floridagirl said...

Wait...those are paperwhites, aren't they?

Unknown said...

Floridagirl-yep,they're Paper Whites.Lowes had them on sale and I've always wanted to try growing them,so I bought some.So far,I'm very happy with them.

Ami said...

Love those two color petunia, very Christmasy. I am also growing some paperwhites, but they don't look like will fllower on Christmas, but I think they should be able to bloom for New Year. My Christmas Cactus is late also. Merry Christmas!

Gayle said...

You have such beauty in your gardens this time of year. How uplifting. Enjoy! Good luck to dad...I hope he and Emma meet for Christmas at your house!!

Susan said...

Sorry to hear about your dad, but he sure has a great incentive to hurry and get out of rehab. Glad to see your angel trumpets made it. Mine bit the dust after struggling to come back from last year's freeze. I always make sure I have one in a pot each winter...just in case. Are your white flowers amazon lilies? Very nice! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails