"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Finally........

I have been wanting to do this for months,but it has been just too darn hot and humid.

So,after the cool front,finally passed thru,I was up.
Out and early with my trusty spade.......
A spade I was lucky enough to get from my dad's garden.....
Note to self:Always,always buy the best quality garden tool.It will pay you back in the end.One thing my dad has always had,were the best garden tools.

So,anywho.......
This is what I accomplished yesterday......... The red line shows where the shade garden originally was.I extended it about two feet.After moving some plantings,rocks,etc.,I realized I really didn't care for it.........
The angle just didn't seem right......the flow didn't seem natural enough to suit me.....
Sooooo,the yellow line shows where I am going to extend it further.I think the curve will be much more natural......
I'm including the token shot of one of the plumeria blooms.This deep pink one has a smell reminescent of roses.I just love passing by it.
And brushing up against it,and taking in the delicious scent!
We have three plumerias this color in bloom.We are so enjoying them this year.
We have Monarch babies again!
Only three this time.I just don't think we have enough Milkweed to support a whole family.
Another note to self:Buy more Milkweed!
And we have another Red Shouldered Hawk,visiting TheGreatWall.This one seems to be a juvenile.But as curious as the others.
They are such fascinating creatures.But they seem as fascinated by us,as we are by them. Another cool front is due next weekend,so hopefully I can finish the expansion of the shade gardens.




8 comments:

jabblog said...

Isn't it irritating when something you've been longing to do doesn't work out the way you expected. Never mind, digging is good exercise!
The Plumeria is beautiful and the hawk quite stunning.
You're so right about good tools - they last and they're satisying to use.

Gayle said...

Looks like you've got your work cut out for you, but I'm sure it is work you enjoy. The hawk is awesome, but every time you show me one I visualize him eating my chickens and then he isn't so awesome anymore! Happy gardening.

Deborah said...

You really enjoy the torture, don't you! It's going to be ever so lovely though. Fantastic shot of the hawk! **kisskiss** Deb

Jane said...

Love the gardens! I grew up in Lutz!!! Attended Lutz Elem...and even taught school there - for about 2 weeks (bumped over to Robles with the redistribution of teachers). My parents, and then my brother, lived in the homestead on Saddleback Lake (before homes popped up in every nook and cranny).

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you will stop by Julieanne's Coastal Cottage when you visit Mt. Dora. There's an arts and crafts fair this weekend. It's an interesting thing to see...along with all the thousands of people.
Jane (artfully graced)

Scott & Liz said...

Chris, thanks for stopping by Liz and Prof. Yep, that front sure was nice and now I wake up to talk of a tropical system down by the Yucatan that could drift our way. Sheesh...anyway thanks for the comment so I could track back to your blog. Looks great!!
Scott

Meems said...

Yay... you got out and did some digging. The cool front from this past weekend was pretty much a dud but humidity was lower at least. Your curves are looking very good!
Meems

compost in my shoe said...

I find the digging to be therapy. Sometimes we resist, but when doing it recognize how important it is!

Susan said...

When it comes to garden beds - bigger is definitely better! Can't wait to see the finished result. P.S. The plumeria is stunning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails