"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Amidst All The Confusion….

A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem. Albert Einstein

and mud,and mess,Mother Nature prevails…..Today brought cement trucks,back hoes,graders and steam shovels(Tonka trucks on steroids),but Mother Nature carried on.As she always does.

This Red Shouldered Hawk wasn’t fazed in the least,by the noise and commotion.

IMG_1203

somebody has to supervise,don’t they?

Our resident Mallards carried on….IMG_1221

I think it was date night,as there was much grooming going on…IMG_1227

the Ibis kept hunting…IMG_1207

The Cardinals kept retuning to the feeders….IMG_1233

While Mother Nature carried on,so did the County..

one of three drains they have installed….IMG_1205This is the main drain out to the lake..

and here,too….IMG_1211A collection drain from the neighbors,across the street…

All graded and ready for sod…IMG_1208TheGreatWall on the right…

Tomorrow,sod is to go in.The EPC inspector and I had a fight discussion,today.We kinda/sorta settled on we’ll get only 8 feet of sod.No amount of photos of the previous area,or Florida Native gardening books would sway him from that.In this photo he’s allowing me 4 feet of garden.

If that Bahia sod dies,you didn’t hear it from me…

Don't tell anyone smile

Technorati Tags:

6 comments:

Deborah said...

Beautiful photos! I especially like the first one. He seems to be in charge for certain! Good luck tomorrow. ♥♥♥ Deb

NanaK said...

I'm glad your wildlife is able to take all the human activity in stride. Looks like the work is winding up and soon all those trucks will be gone. You can then get to gardening right on top of that sod. Smothered grass makes great compost:)

Floridagirl said...

Great hawk photo! Amazing that you had so many birds with all the construction chaos. I know you will be glad with it's all over.

Rusty in Miami said...

I like that picture of the hawk; we don’t get to see them much in my urban garden

Susan said...

Glad to see the wildlife isn't fazed by all the goings on. Is the county draining the road water directly into the lake? I thought they couldn't do that anymore.

gpc said...

Beautiful pictures, looks like spring (to the best of my recollection -- who knows? Everything's covered with snow here!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails