"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Signs Of Life!!

Today has been a truly awesome day,weather wise. Knowing that I couldn't do anything with the gardens,I decided to turn the compost pile.And what beautiful compost I found under there.
I also found this little guy making a valiant effort to grow:
A pineapple off shoot from one of the old pineapple plants I had tossed in the pile, last fall. I quickly rescued him/her and planted him/her where he/she can grow and grow.
Considering that,after the freezes of the past two weeks,all our pineapples look similar to this:I am one happy gardener.Looks like the Pineapple Plantation is still in business after all.Fingers are crossed that all the other pineapples are just freeze damaged,and not dead.

I took a stroll around to check things out,and found the Angel's Trumpet made it through the freeze,too.Oh happy day!
Can spring be far behind?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails