"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We Have A Problem.......

A few weeks ago,while at Home Depot,I noticed they had finally gotten some Milkweed in(they had about five plants).I bought two,thinking it would be enough for next year.

W-e-l-l,they seemed to settle in quite well,and were growing quite robustly.
Yesterday,I noticed that they didn't look quite so healthy anymore.Today,after work,I decided to do a little detective work............


We got babies!
I guess,it's true.
No birth control is 100% effective.

So anyways,here's the prob-lem-o.....

We don't have enough milkweed to feed the kiddoes! I'm thinking we're gonna be a failure as Monarch foster parents,this time.

Just hoping DCF doesn't come calling!



8 comments:

Jake said...

Wow, they obviously don't know how to eat in moderation do they? I too probably would have thought two plants would be enough for the rest of the summer.

Jake

Meems said...

Was just at Pine Lake Nursery and Duncheon's today... they both have lots of milkweed.

Gayle said...

Destructive litte buggers. I'm not sure I would be thrilled about buys plants just to have the wildlife eat them...I bet it is worth it when they are fluttering about, though.

Unknown said...

Gayle-trust me.It is so worth it when you see them fluttering about your garden.They are a sight to see.That's why the milkweed is there.

Anonymous said...

I know, my new plants will probably be stripped by the time I get home. I hope they don't just crawl off and die of starvation. I am just amazed by the numbers of butterflies we have. It really makes you feel good doesn't it?
XOSUE

Jane said...

Great photos! Love the name of your blog!!! I think this caterpillar visited me, too. I found them in the basil and the asparagus ferns. Slugs got the zinnias...nothing left of them overnight! I have given up until fall...

I am so glad you found my blog (the Auburn post). We're rather mixed up, to. My Gator family gasped when I married an Auburn man. You can imagine the agriculture jokes..."cow college"...and hubby was a bus/marketing major! I am a USF grad...and I was raised in LUTZ...taught at Lutz elem. too.

Steve Myers, Broker said...

Those were some great photos! So clear and colorful. :)

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

They'll survive...you'll see.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails