"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Confusion reigns on TheGreatWall…..

It’s just the start of the New Year…..

The first part of January…..

It should be the coldest time of the year,in Florida….

 

But….

….today,at 4PM,the temperature was 84 degrees!

 

The AC is running as I type this.

 

I cannot ever remember the AC being on in January.

 

The garden is confused…..

 

The roses are growing like it’s Spring time….

001

Pink Knock-out

 

002Red Knock-out

 

003

Red drift rose

 

005

Louis Phillipe-growing faster than I can keep up with it.

 

008

The Vitex (Vitex agnus-castus L.)is blooming….I thought they didn’t bloom until Spring?

 

009

Bleeding Heart Vine (Clerodendrum thomsoniae)…..I thought this was a Spring bloomer,too?

 

Why am I getting the feeling that we’re in for a February freeze?

2 comments:

David The Good said...

Yeah - I think we're in for it. I noticed today that one of my peach trees has burst into bloom. I want to shake it and scream "NO! YOU FOOL!"

It would have to be some extraordinary luck (or Providence) for us to avoid getting a dip again. There's just too much winter left.

Gayle said...

I sure hope you don't go into a freeze. Everything looks so beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails