"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ladybug,ladybug…..

Ladybug, ladybug fly away home,
Your house is on fire and your children are gone,

 

IMG_0029

 

from Wikipedia:

“There were superstitious beliefs that it was unlucky to kill a ladybug, and that the verse would make them fly off. Another superstition states that you should chant the verse if a ladybug lands on you: if it then flies away again, your wish will come true.

Ladybugs are useful as eaters of aphids, which would otherwise damage plants. They can also be a nuisance, but there would be logic from a farmer or gardener’s viewpoint in trying to shoo them away rather than kill them. This could be the rational basis for teaching children to respect them.”

 

IMG_0030

 

 

 

Ladybugs = no aphids

 

I’m good with that…..

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I love ladybugs. When the children were little we actually bought a package of them to release in the rose garden. I didn't know they came in orange! **happy smiles** Deb

Susan said...

I heart ladybugs! Love to see them in my garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails