"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Apocalypse Is Nigh……

or as we Florida gardeners like to call it…
….a possible freeze….
With that in mind,I thought I would take a few photos of the tender tropicals that are blooming away….

The Angel’s Trumpets…..
DSC00012 (1)
DSC00014 (1)
Kinda appropriate for Christmas,dontcha think?

….and the Bleeding Heart Vine…..
DSC00013

Merry Christmas…..

Stay warm….
I’m not covering anything up.
You?

4 comments:

David The Good said...

I'll be covering a dozen citrus... a few papaya trees... a bed of lettuce... some peppers... a banana in fruit.

It'll be too much work... but last year I let everything go and the damage was bad.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I haven't been paying much attention to the weather report so was surprised by your post and had to check our area. We are further south than you and it's only supposed to get down to 46, which will be nice.

Hope you won't lose anything in your lovely gardens.

Have a wonderful Christmas ~ FlowerLady

Unknown said...

I covered not a thing,and so far,so good.I guess tonite will tell the tale.....

David The Good said...

Thus far, we're surviving. Lorraine - 46 sounds positively balmy!

Last night definitely went below freezing (we had ice form on sitting water out back) and tonight should be about the same. On the up side, the more chill hours we get... the better my rabbiteye blueberries should do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails