"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Fall Veggie Garden….

It has been with great anticipation that this gardener has been looking forward to Autumn,and the return to growing vegetables.

With the cooler weather we’ve been having,lately,the Fall vegetable garden has taken off.

IMG_3254

 

Broccoli is already setting heads….

IMG_3250

Lettuce and Collards are growing out of control…

Not that we’re complaining,mind you.We’ve really missed home grown veggies.

IMG_3252

Not to mention turnips,of which,I forgot to take a photo.

 

The first of the green beans are starting to put in an appearance.

IMG_3260

Some were snatched off the vine,already.

Not mentioning any names,but…ahem…YardBoy springs to mind.

The first of the tomatoes are setting fruit…

IMG_3257

This season I’m trying only heirloom types.Lately,heirlooms have proven the most successful at TheGreatWall,so this season,I’m going strictly with heirloom types.This one is a heat tolerant type (Solar I think it is called.Meant to be planted earlier).Hopefully,all the other types I’m trying will perform as well.

Cucumbers have shown up,to join the party,too…

IMG_3258

Already,we have had two crops of radishes.

And,fingers crossed,but I think this Fall,I may,finally,be successful with Acorn Squash.

IMG_3251

I have been experimenting with helping the pollination process along.

Me and my paint brush can be found in the garden,many mornings…

So far,I think I have three Acorn Squash growing,successfully.

 

Tonight,we shall be having a fresh green salad,from the garden,with a Balsamic dressing,

and

Lemon Chicken Soup with Spaghetti.

The recipe can be found here.

 

 

.

1 comment:

Meems said...

Oh my... your garden is so far ahead of mine. I am excited I have beans but wow... you have broccoli! It is beautiful. Mine are babies.

One of these days I'm going to get the planting dates figured out perfectly. I was gun-shy after last October was SO hot. This fall has been so nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails