"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Friday, November 5, 2010

We’ve Been Busy……..

Busy as bees.That’s what we’ve been.Between work,cell phone issues,my Dad,working on the inside of the house administration offices of TheGreatWall,and the garden we’ve been hard at it,I tell ya.Sweatin’ and toilin’….

First up…..The Administration Office of TheGreatWall….

One thing I have always,always wanted in the kitchen is a chalkboard wall.Finally,I convinced YardBoy it was a good great idea.

IMG_0756

Notice he got to use a power tool…..

All taped off….

IMG_0759

 

First coat……IMG_0761

It took two coats,some cutting and spackling of molding,and two days,but here it is all done….

IMG_0780

My Dad’s confusion seems to be getting worse.The bad days are starting to outnumber the good days.He still remembers how to garden,and is quite alert when I go to him with questions about the garden and the orchids.He may not remember the answer right away,but,usually within thirty minutes he’s calling me with the answer.There is a strong possibility that he will be meeting a certain young lady at Thanksgiving,so he is really,really looking forward to that.

ooops….Emma Alert!!!!

emmaaquar

While we were busy with that project,Dad,and all the other issues daily life brings,the gardens decided they liked the return of Autumn and grew and grew and grew!

The tomatoes have outgrown their stakes…..IMG_0776

We have broccoli!IMG_0777

And YardBoy has had one dinner of his collards,and he now has acorn squash.

IMG_0778Two of ‘em,in fact.He may become unbearable to live with now!

And an Iris decided to bloom!IMG_0768

Soooo…….

has your life and garden been busy,too?

 

5 comments:

Meems said...

So busy... it's been a crazy autumn so far. Yay for you ... you have broccoli. What kind did you plant?

So nice to get one of those long time "wish-list" projects accomplished. Emma is growing so fast and very adorable.

Gayle said...

Your vegetables growing amazingly fast in all that wonderful weather you have. How fun!

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm sure this is very stressful for you. Hang in there.

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I haven't been as active in the garden this year, as we have been away a lot, we figured we had better get all the traveling in while we can as we are not getting any younger. I too am sorry to hear about your dad.

Unknown said...

Meems-the broccoli is something I picked up at HD.Not sure of the type.Never having good luck with it before,I thought I'd give it one more try.I just hope the heads get a little bigger or else,I'll have someting for veggie dip!

Unknown said...

Gayle-it is fun growing veggies in Florida.But it seems to be a crap shoot,at the same time.One time something grows well,and the next time,not so well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails