"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Time Away From TheGreatWall….

Yep,again,we’ve spent a few more days away from TheGreatWall.

YardBoy had a medical conference in Bonita Springs,and I’m no dummy.Who am I to turn down two days at a spa/resort?On the beach no less!

You betcha I was tagging along!

Sooooo- two days were spent in Bonita Springs,and we decided to stretch it out and spend two days on Sanibel Island.

I thought I’d share some of the photos I took of the grounds of the Hyatt Coconut Point.IMG_5124 A little too formal for my taste,but I certainly appreciate the beauty of the landscaping.

All done with Florida natives,I might add.IMG_5178

love the way they used lighting to accent the landscape at night.IMG_5168 Can’t you just hear the splish-splash…...?

such a great sound on a hot summer’s night…..

Part of the experience of the Hyatt Coconut Point is taking the boat out to Big Hickory Island.

IMG_5181

Owned by the Hyatt,the private island is part of the Estero Bay estuary.The majority of the island is a bird sanctuary(strictly enforced!).It would seem quite isolated(except for the usual “screaming-two-year-old-who-has- parents-who-can’t-seem-to-hear- him-and-think-he’s-cute”),but nothing can really ruin the experience.

IMG_5184

IMG_5183

IMG_5188 The isolation(except for the condo in the background) reminds me of what Florida must have looked like back before humans arrived here.

I have always wondered what it was like when the only humans were the Calusa….before humans and tar balls….

After Bonita Springs,we headed to Sanibel Island(our home away from home)for two days.Every time we’re there I come home with ideas for TheGreatWall………

IMG_0033 I want need a fountain!!!!

And I have some serious love,love,love going on for this blue ceramic pot with the Crown-of-Thorns…..IMG_0088_1 and the wrought iron fence and paint colors are to die for…..

Ya think YardBoy will be willing to paint the patio?

Me,neither……

Can you imagine sitting by the pool and looking out from under the umbrella at this…..IMG_0087

All things must come to an end,but we did come home to this….IMG_0118 Life is good!

 

7 comments:

Tootie said...

Loved the pictures and the story with them. :)

Gayle said...

Seriously, a screaming 2-year old could ruin it all. Did you give them the look? I would have given them the look. Looks like a beautiful trip. I wish my budget could do all the great ideas I see.

Unknown said...

Gayle-not only did I give them the look,so did everyone else.But they were totally oblivious to the fact that their precious darling was a spoiled brat!

Deborah said...

Oh my, Sanibel Island must be what heaven looks like. Can't get much better then that. Lucky you with your get away! Me thinks YOU will be painting the patio that lovely shade!
**blows kisses** Deb

Susan said...

Indeed it is! What a wonderful place to chill out for a couple of days. I'm glad to hear the Hyatt used native plantings. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful escape. May time and life continue to treat you all kind. Please have a nice start into the weekend.

daily athens

NanaK said...

Isn't it fun to get away and get new ideas? Now you've given ME ideas. I love that blue pot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails