"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Monday, February 11, 2013

The weather outside is……..

……delightful…..
Low 80’s,sunny,breezy,low humidity….
Perfect for getting out there.
Weeding.
Getting the garden back in order.
So,with gloves on,clippers in hand,I set out to make this garden ship-shape.
 
However,I,also,had the camera with me……
 
……and my ADHD kicked in…..
 
very little weeding got done…..
 
IMG_4827
Red-winged Blackbird
 
IMG_4830
Goldfinches
 
IMG_4834
Blue Sage
 
IMG_4840
Pink Brandywine tomato
 
IMG_4841
Dill
 
IMG_4842
 
IMG_4848
Blue Butterfly Bush Clerodendrum ugandense

 
IMG_4850
Lemon Grass Cymbopogon in bloom
 
IMG_4851
Zebra Long Wing on the Jatropha
 
IMG_4853
Ground orchid growing on the lanai
 
IMG_4854
Brown Turkey Fig.I’ve gotten over a dozen of these so far,this year.I roast ‘em.
 
I still have weeding to do………………………
 
Tomorrow,the camera stays inside!
 
Maybe……………..
 
Maybe not…………….

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great photos! I hear you with the ADHD. I do try to remember when I head out first thing in the mornings, to take my camera.

Your ground orchids are different than mine, and very pretty.

Have a lovely Valentine's day.

FlowerLady

Gayle said...

So that's what dill looks like. LOL I was an epic fail at growing it last summer. I'll give it another go this year. Happy weeding!

Unknown said...

FlowerLady-taking the camera with me,when I garden,is my downfall.I need to learn to set aside time for pure gardening.

Unknown said...

Gayle-the dill is going to seed.I plant it for the Swallowtail butterfly caterpillars to eat.

Anonymous said...

Great photos. . . I have many of the same plants blooming (and a few tomatoes remaining on the vine). I'm loving our warm winter!

eli

Unknown said...

eli-my fall crop of tomatoes didn't do so good this year.I have hopes for the spring crop tho.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails