"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Remembering….

Early this morning,I lost a good friend.How good a friend she was I don’t think I realized,until today.You don’t appreciate someone until they aren’t there anymore.I just want her to know I did appreciate her friendship.And I miss her.

Tammy-

I knew you were sick.You just didn’t want anyone to know.You were that kind of person.Very private.But I knew you were in pain.That was the game we played. You and I.

That’s what I liked about you.Your personal business was yours.And mine was mine.You didn’t intrude.If I didn’t want to share,you were cool with that.And if I did tell you something,you never,ever passed it on.You seemed to understand.I don’t think I ever got what a really good friend you were.

I do,today…

I miss the late nite phone calls full of gossip and bitching…

The 5AM bitch sessions at work.We did straighten some people out,didn’t we?

I remember my last day at work.How pissed you were at me.That I was retiring and you weren’t able to,yet.

You,actually,got mad at me.

Me: “You want my warm up jacket?”

Tammy:”No.What do I want that for?”

Me:”Cuz,you wear that paper shit jacket all the time and this is a good cloth one.Take it,damn it!I’m not gonna need it.What’s your problem?”

Tammy: “Because you’re leaving,and you don’t give a shit anymore.It won’t fit,but I’ll take it”

Me:”You’re right.I don’t give a shit.Are you ok?”

Tammy;”I hate this place.I wish it was me retiring.”

Me:”Your time is coming.”

Tammy:”Not soon enough.”

We all knew you weren’t well.

We just didn’t know just how sick you were.You were that kind of person.

Would it have made a difference if we knew?

You hated public displays of emotion.

But,Tammy…

….you were/are loved….

…and missed….

 

….Be nice to tell you one more time….

 

Miss ya,girlfriend…..

 

3 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Gayle said...

I am so sorry. Thank you for sharing your grief and reminding us all how quickly things can change.

Susan said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. So sweet of you to share her with the rest of us in your public tribute to her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails