"I'm not really a career person.I'm a gardener,basically.".....George Harrison

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Angel’s Trumpets

 

After the disaster of TheTree going down,

I thought they would be a goner….

IMG_3029

But the nice tree people at Mid Florida worked at protecting it….

IMG_3067

When the old pool was being ripped out,the really nice guys at Top Gunn pools worked even harder…..

Their exact words were,”Watch that tree.It’s a survivor.”

IMG_3397And survived it did.And bloomed…

It has survived freezes

and construction work….IMG_3415

And …

…after the blessed rain,this past week,

…it is now,this….IMG_3847

and it has two

count ‘em, 

2!

babies growing along side of it.

What’s not to love about Angel’s Trumpets?

‘cept for the fact they’re poisonous,and psychedelic…..

7 comments:

Tootie said...

Very pretty Chris! I noticed a tree blooming on our street a few days ago and thought of you. :)

Ami said...

Wow, this is just stunning! Recently my white and pink angel's trumpets are both blooming, but not as many as yours! She is a real beauty and a survivor!!!

Floridagirl said...

Wow!!! That last photo is incredible! Oh, dear, I need an angel's trumpet! So glad I have an area to rework this summer. : ) Amazing your specimen survived that nightmare. I have a ginormous oak tree about 15 feet from my pool. That kind of disaster is my fear.

BernieH said...

Now that Angel's Trumpet is definitely a survivor! What a wonderful story you've told. It's looking fabulous now.

NanaK said...

That is so pretty. How nice to know the story behind such beauty.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Wow, I just love it when a plant survives like that and gives blooms from its heart. Plus, it has given you two babies. How wonderful is that?

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Susan said...

I totally agree with you...what's not to love. The scent is wonderful and it sure makes a difference when they don't freeze back. Mine is on its 2nd or 3rd bloom...can't remember which.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails